Monday, March 19, 2018

My Mark-Down Mania

Today I had another unexpected bargain cross my path.  Five trays of turkey necks were marked down at Price Rite.  Since they are a staple of Teddy's diet, I could not pass up the 35% discount.  My normal method of shopping is to buy them every three days or so.  I will pick up two to three trays at a time.  However, if they are marked down, I will buy as many as I think we can fit in the freezer.


The trays they come in take up way too much space, so I need to repackage them.  I fit three trays in a freezer zippy -- wrapping three necks at a time in wax paper.  That way they won't freeze together and I can take out a day and a half worth of meals at one time.  Getting a separate freezer is not an option.  We don't have the room.  Any money I save in buying in bulk or on a mark-down would be cancelled out by the cost of a freezer.  The one we had at the old house was really big and a hand-me down.  Food went in there and then I lost track of it.  So I'll stick with our humble freezer drawer in the kitchen.


I stopped into the Salvation Army to look for pullovers for TBG.  This is what I do periodically so that we can find something/anything without a hood.  Being a cheapskate, I looked for yellow tags because they were 50% off.  I found a v-neck pull over and a polo for $4.17.


My criteria, along with looking for marked down items, is that the pieces need to be 100% cotton and have no stains.  I looked these over pretty well.  The polo has a little more wear on it than the v-neck, which is in really good shape.  I'll do a load of color clothes tomorrow and they will be ready to wear.  TBG is out of town for work until Wednesday, so he has yet to see them.  When  he called tonight, I told him about all my bargains.  He seemed to be happy about both.  That's what I live for -- saving money and keeping The Big Guy happy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm down to one source for Turkey Necks, so finding a markdown is a real coup. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was carrying around many more shirts, then decided to reign it in and just go for the mark-downs!

      Delete