Thursday, December 14, 2017

It's a Wrap!

 For me, wrapping presents is like cleaning house.  You have to get really messy first!  This is how our dining room table looked on Sunday.  I had the gift bags for work assembled and then I had to wrap presents.  This past year I cleaned up my home office and put away all my wrapping supplies. That meant I had to pull it all out and bring it downstairs.  Most years, I buy supplies at the end of the season, but I didn't do that much last year because I already had a lot.  This year I'm going to have to do it again as I had feared I would run out of paper and ribbons -- yes, I am fearful even though I have all this stuff!



I purchased gifts for "us" already and rather than using them once they arrived, I wrapped them up.  We only exchange gifts with a few people, so there wasn't too much to do.  I did also hang stockings and put stuff in them too.  The space under our tree is very limited -- but I managed to get it all under.  I'll pick up a few more small things, but I think I am close to set.

I need to pick up a few things for Teddy -- which seems strange, but I don't buy much for her during the year.  She chews bones and has a few toys, but I rarely buy lots of stuff for her (she never gets treats), so I think at least one new toy and maybe a bandanna is in order.  I've been in the habit lately of just getting small gifts and luckily, when you're a dog, you don't need any grand gestures.

I think we are almost set for the holiday and if I'm ambitious I might bake cookies. But I'm not promising anything!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "reminder" about the Oatmeal & Cranberry Soap you gifted last year to your co-workers...I used your idea then and was reminded that I had saved a bar for myself in the cupboard! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one bar left from last year and we are going to start using it this week!

      Delete
  2. I wish I was as ready as you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I always seem to think of other things to do even though I really should consider myself ready. I left the wrapping paper out for TBG, but he hates to wrap so I doubt he will use it!

      Delete