Saturday, May 20, 2017

Second-Hand Therapy

Cool shoes have mostly  been stricken from my wardrobe in the past year.  But I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, so I decided to partake in some shoe therapy to ease my mind.  I have a rough couple of weeks ahead of me -- I can no longer take NSAIDs or supplements and am having a lot more knee pain.  What better way for a girl to gird herself for her suffering than to concentrate on what is in store once it's over?

One reason I decided not to put ff knee surgery any longer is that I could not imagine wearing my horrid off-loading brace against bare skin.  I also want to wear normal shoes again.  This pair of peep-toe pumps that I found today will go great with the shirt that I also found.  I have a couple of mid-thigh skirts that will go really well.  In my new job, stockings and below-the-knee hemlines are not the rule.  I'll admit, I pushed that envelope when I worked at the bank.  Now I can wear summer friendly clothes without getting a sideways look.

The brace that I wear is difficult to manage with jeans because it slips.  As a result, I have been wearing black leggins for months.  Just the prospect of wearing jeans with a flare and slight platform sandals has me jonesin' to break out my summer paisley tops.  I will be able to wear more slacks and wider leg styles which have been impossible with my brace.

My guess is if I get the partial knee replacement as planned, that I can venture into these "normal" shoes by mid-July.  I've been dreading the next month because I am very scared of the surgery and not enjoying my inability to take anything for the pain. At least I can console myself with the prospect of better fashion opportunities when this is all over with. And since it's going to be an expensive couple of months, it's a bit easier to rationalize two pairs of summer shoes and a top for $13.00 because I didn't feel the need to buy everything new.

4 comments:

  1. It is hard to recover from any kind of surgery I too put it off. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dreading my surgery so I need a preview of the light at the end of the tunnel!

      Delete
  2. Great finds! Those front of the toe scuffs on the Lauren's can be repaired by filling those areas in with black sharpie! They will look almost as good as new and can be touched up whenever you need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the sharpie trick a lot! A touch of black Rustoleum paint works too. Luckily, I have both!

      Delete