Saturday, June 17, 2017

Dollar Store Find

 

This invalid finally made it out of the house!  This morning I treated my sister to breakfast because she came by last week and cleaned our downstairs for me.  I am walking slowly and figured I'd press my luck and try one side trip, which I chose based on my current state of bargain hunting withdrawal. My pick was Dollar Tree.  Their pepper stir-fry frozen veggie bag is a staple of quick and easy dinners at our house.  Along the way, I hoped to find a large gift bag to use for Father's Day -- which was shopped for in advance.  Alas, all of the big bags were for baby showers.  Of course, I still did my usual sweep of their health and beauty aids -- where I tend to score the best bargains.

This week, they had Sebastian Volupt hair conditioner.  There were only five bottles left on the shelf and no shampoo to be found. I scooped them all up.  If there had been 20, I would have bought them all.  The 250ml cost, on average, $17 bucks.  To get them for a buck a piece is a real deal.

Anyone who has a Dollar Tree nearby may want to check to see if there is any to be had.  Not only is it a steal, it's a good product.  And for me, it was swell to make my first recovery expedition such a success!


2 comments:

  1. Good to see you are getting up, out and about. I will check my DT for that conditioner. I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex I am trying to break my entire shopping habit, but those dt peppers are so handy. Glad you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete