Thursday, August 24, 2017

What's Going On...

 

I have been doing a pretty good job of keeping up with my home-centered beliefs, even though I am not posting frequently enough.  As the whole socio-political situation spirals out of control, I take comfort in the routine responsible things we do daily.  Things are good for me.  With some financial wiggle room, I am changing my outlook on how I cook and what I buy.  For instance, no more part-skim mozzarella.  I'll take the full-fat gourmet version.  It tastes better on the fresh tomatoes from the farm share.  The basil has come in full force, so we're eating fresh pesto.  These are the things I take comfort in when the real world is going crazy.


My knee is recovering well -- but it's hard.  I am still fairly stiff and it can be uncomfortable at times.  The scar gets a lot of attention -- daily applications of oil and massage.  The dog and I are swimming.  Tonight we walked 1.5 miles.  It was hard. Some stretching is in order (something I need to do more of).  This has been a tough experience mentally as I'm not as comfortable or as mobile as I'd like -- but then it's only been 13 weeks since my surgery.  My leg muscles are still too weak.

Life is just so  busy -- dealing with a farm share has been tough.  I have to make veggie decisions every day and make sure none of it goes to waste.  I have befriended a guy who is staying with my neighbor.  He is a professional chef and thrilled with the overflow I send his way.  We are getting new concrete in our driveway and that job is about to start.  TBG is taking advantage of the deductible my surgery ate up and going for a much needed sleep study.  My car got a new compressor for the A/C but needs a new evaporator as well.

So, life keeps me busy -- so much so I neglect to post.  I try to take comfort in all I have to do, because it provides a sane way for life to go on in this somewhat insane world!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are healing up. MMM fresh basil, the bugs keep eating mine outside so I have to buy it. I've never made pesto but I did buy some ready made for a recipe this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aldi sells a version of pesto that is good. Last week I had no pine nuts and Aldi didn't have any so I bought the pesto. Then I made some with fresh basil and walnuts, which I mixed with the store-bought. It was a good compromise!

      Delete
  2. Keep your knee moving! I did both knees four months apart. I still go to the gym to keep flexibility and strength up.

    ReplyDelete