Tuesday, October 17, 2017

She's Home!

My beautiful old car is finally home!  She spent three weeks in the service center waiting for reverse light lenses to arrive.  The first set was ordered from Florida, but the facility was destroyed in the hurricane.  The next resource was in California, and burnt to the ground in the wild fires!

I will drive her for a few days and take her in for detailing and an interior estimate.  Looking at her parked in front of our house, you can see how  big she is.  We will be able to store a lot of cargo and drive it in style. 

Tomorrow she'll take me to work where my co-workers have been excited to see what I have gotten myself into.  It will take a bit to get used to driving her but I think we'll suit just fine.

It's taken me 30+ years to get the Mercedes I've always wanted, and I don't mind that she's 30+ years old!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! Have fun with your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. And she is a head-turner. I was driving her and a guy stopped at a light next to us was checking her out, then looked at me and gave a thumbs up. Cool!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's bigger than the couch and I think we could sleep in the back.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I don't think I've ever seem that model. You should enter it in car shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were looking at it, a guy was jogging by as said "She's a rare bird!" There is a classic car parade in Sodus on the 4th so maybe we'll drive her. There are actually quite a lot of them left so we can still get Mercedes parts for her, which is a help.

      Delete
  5. How exciting for you (and the general public, so it seems) that you have her back and can show her off - Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were out to dinner last night and a group of college kids gave us thumbs up and peace signs. It's just really cool!

      Delete