Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Dog Recovered

 Our dog seems to be fully healed.  We finally got her groomed and were shocked by how much weight she lost during her recovery.  Some of it is muscle mass which we know she will regain.  After I uploaded this picture, I was shocked at how trim she is.  That's probably one of the things that helped her bounce back so well.  She is walking without any sort of limp or hitch in her giddy-up -- something that we find astounding given how much she limped before and the drastic surgery she had.  Happily, she is swimming again too.  We have started slowly, going every other day.  After this week, she'll be OK to go every day.  I can't wait until I am strong enough to go in with her.

We went to camp this weekend and it was my first trip up with TBG and the dog. It was so swell to be there together.  I hadn't been up at all in June.  It's easy to forget how much we like having our lakefront spot -- until we get back.  Teddy loves rolling in the grass and chewing sticks -- something she doesn't get to do that much at home since we have a slate patio.

Everything is right in my world when I can go to my camp, swim with my dog and spend time with my fella!

12 comments:

  1. Teddy rocks! I am sure you will recover sooner than you expect too. Any surgery that involves bones is tough. Enjoy your time at the lake. Summer goes away real fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- and she kind of motivated me too!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing and for the pics of Teddy. So glad you all doing well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All the support I've gotten throughout this has bee a big help. We hope to have a more exciting second half of the summer for sure!

      Delete
  3. I am sure the dog feels like a new pup and is happy to be out of confinement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's forgotten it happened... which is a good thing!

      Delete
  4. So nice to have your dog back to happy and healthy. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never imagined she would do so well and that the results were as promised. It was worth it for sure.

      Delete
  5. So happy for you and the dog. Ours is getting so old and arthritic, just like it's owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In dog years, she is older than we are -- and now I think she's healthier too. I do worry about arthritis (for everyone in our house). Keeping her weight down will help us all.

      Delete
  6. So glad Teddy's doing well. She looks good! Glad you all could be together at your campsite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was not happy on the way there because we don't let her stand in the car so sitting in the back seat was stressful. Then we got to the point where she saw the lake and she got really happy. That was swell to see.

      Delete