Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thank You!

Thank you for all the kind and encouraging comments I got on my last post.  It is wonderful to get such a positive message!  I am looking forward to many small moments of joy as I move on to the next chapter of my life.  Just being able to let go of a lot of the anxiety that I carry around each day will be a big help.  I've spent the last year and a half dealing with extreme pressure and problems and letting that go will free me up to better experience life.



One of the first things I am going to do is take a vacation.  I carried over 68 hours of vacation time from last year.  Doesn't that say something?  If I had used the time, I would not have been able to enjoy it either.  Taking a week off would have meant coming back to hundreds of emails.  Any time off I took ended with me spending hours on the last day connecting to my work email, trying to clear some of the mess before I started my first day back.  It sort of cancelled out the benefit of relaxing.  It was really hard to truly enjoy my experiences because I always carried around some sense of worry.

I have been handing off my clients and saying my goodbyes to them.  It has been nice that they have all complimented me and are sorry to see me go.  In leaving with all my clients in a very satisfied state, and my major reason being that I want a better work/life balance, I am curious to see if it affects the company culture at all.  It probably won't!  Having the job has helped me gain more contacts, and more importantly, new friends.  There are a number of ladies I will still be in touch with who I never would have met if  I hadn't gone down this path.  So while I hated the job, I can't be too sorry I took it.

Mostly, I am looking forward to bringing more joy into our lives -- by not being anxious, by keeping the house cleaner, by getting outside more, spending more time with the dog and hubby, doing what I can to better look after those I love.  Now it's time to re-program my brain to be ready for it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decision to get back to basics! I have been contemplating the same thing. Now that my dear boss is out of the picture, I think, I can move on too. However, just like you were, I am being very well paid and I am still in "saving as much as I can" mode. You are my inspiration to say "enough is enough" before I burn myself out. I wish you all the best in your new path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky to have a husband who is supporting me in this too. Having had great bosses and great jobs in the past, I am looking forward to being in the same situation again!

      Delete