Saturday, September 3, 2016

Summer on a Plate

It would appear I am obsessed with plates as of late.  I like them when they're empty, but I love them when they're full!  During the summer months, I love to eat fruit for dinner.  The more colorful the contents on your plate, the better.

The greens on this plate are topped with pecans, sweet onions, feta cheese, grilled peaches wrapped in prosciutto, topped with a cherry balsamic vinaigrette.   A hunk of watermelon and a couple of strawberries round out the fruit selection.  Fresh pesto (basil from our garden) over thin linguine fills out the other side of the plate.

This all looks great on a white bone china plate -- but tastes even better traveling down the gullet!

9 comments:

  1. I've been eating nuts in more dishes ( not cashews) but on leafy green salads I eat pecans or almonds and chopped almonds and put some in my tuna for extra protein and good fats! Surprisingly, they help to keep my blood glucose in check!
    I eat a handful with an apple and an ounce or two of cheddar after I get out of school!
    Your dish sounds healthy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we should eat nuts everyday -- and we like the same kind!

      Delete
  2. That is a well-dressed plate. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the way food looks on my new white plates -- but of course it has to taste good too!

      Delete
  3. It's making my mouth water. I'm so glad we have you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be back -- I just wish I could fit in more daily posts. Time has gotten soooo tight!

      Delete
  4. ปรับรูปหน้าเรียว
    ฉีดหน้าเรียว ลดริ้วรอย คือ อยากหน้าเรียวทำได้ไง หลายๆคนคงเกิดคำถามนี้
    และการฉีดลดหน้าเรียวด้วยโบท็อกก็เป็นวิธีการรักษาที่ทำได้ง่าย โดยไม่ต้องผ่าตัด
    สารารถช่วยลดเลือนริ้วรอยและร่องลึกได้ภายในระยะเวลารวดเร็วให้ผลการรักษาที่น่าพึงพอใจละสร้างความมั่นใจ
    ให้กับผู้มีปัญหาได้เป็นอย่างดี
    โบท็อก กังนัม
    โบท็อค pantip
    โบท็อค ลดกราม

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for your great information. It really makes me happy and I am satisfied with the arrangement of your post. You are really a talented person I have ever seen. I will keep following you forever. If you have time you can check walmart Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. pg slot auto สล็อต ฝากถอนออโต้ ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ ฟรีเครดิต ทดลองเล่นฟรี พีจีสล็อต รวดเร็ว ปลอดภัย รองรับ ทรูมันนี่ ทรูวอลเล็ท ลิขสิทธิ์แท้ ระบบ AUTO มีดีที่ มีระบบเสถียร และความรวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete