Friday, January 6, 2017

Bed Story

 Yes, I am a strong and independent female, but even I realize, it's nice to have a man around the house!  There are things he can do, that I just can't -- or don't want to.  There are things we could both do, but he's willing to do for me on his own.  Then there are things I really want or need to have done but am either too injured, sick, or weak to do.  No matter how tired he is, Tommy will do what he can to make me happy and I count myself the luckiest girl in the world.


I'd been sleeping on a futon for the past four plus years and had gotten sick of it.  I ordered a bed frame and memory foam mattress on-line.  Once it got here, I realized I needed a box spring.  TBG went to the local mattress discounter and bought me one, and brought it home.  He then disassembled the futon and reassembled it in the basement, assembled the new bed and got it set up for me.  He did it all in one day without any help from me because I was injured and he wanted me to be comfortable.  This is my new bed.  And yes, it is all mine.  The spot where I go to hog covers and sleep in late and have my own space.

Once I was feeling better, I decided to neaten up my shoe rack by covering it with material and putting some of my jewelry boxes on top of it.  Eventually, the room will need to be painted.


I am sleeping so much more comfortably and the room looks better with a "real" bed in it.  I saved a lot of $$ buying the frame and memory foam mattress on-line -- and the shipping was free.  This room will also now be a better guest room.  People attribute decorating and nesting success to the woman of the house, but in this case, it was the man of the house!

5 comments:

  1. My husband is the same way, I'm as independent as I want to be but he's always there to help me, often before I even need the help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the things that drives my guy crazy is that I'm not quick enough to ask for help. I think it's cool that your husband knows you want or need something and doesn't wait for you to ask!

      Delete
  2. I like what the above commenter said and it is true for me as well. I am as independent as I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you laugh when people say things like "you trained him well?" I do, because mine came pre-programmed that way by his mother!

      Delete
  3. You have a nice perspective on things. I'm not sure why so many woman can't just admit that men are nice to have around sometimes! It isn't that I'm not capable of doing EVERYTHING but what fun would it be to just take credit for all of the awesomeness in my life without throwing him a bone?

    Dylan Lovell @ Mattress Sale Liquidators

    ReplyDelete