The first thing I did was sand it down and remove as much of the paint splotches as possible. It had a lot of crap on the front, rust on the sides, and the interior was painted pink. The bathroom it was pulled out of was baby blue and pink. Really horrible!
I managed to get the door painted black with Rustoleum, and the inside is white. I could not completely restore the mirror as it had gotten grey/discolored around the edges. All my car in extracting it and cleaning it was for nothing. Right before I put it back in, I gently set it on the floor to lean against the wall, to keep it out of my way. A corner piece completely broke off! I was able to join it back with duct tape and super glue. Now it is solidly back in place.
I think I need to take more care in my projects. But when you have as little time as I do, you're probably better off not starting them in the first place!