Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Facelift

 I've given my blog a facelift, which I do every couple of years.  The main motivation was that I decided to update my profile picture and I also wanted to move to a format that had more white space.  I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not!

This effort took place in the middle of the night so I could try out different formats and "test drive" them.  It was pretty frustrating because I'm color-blind and blogger does not show any information when you hover over a color or color scheme.


Aside from the color issue, getting a square favicon was hard too.  It took me many tries -- either it's not easy to do or I am a little bit dim.  I based the new design on a small gem -- to show that small can be beautiful too.  Not sure if the meaning works (especially if I have to explain it!).  One thing I have been remiss in doing, which I hope to remedy soon, is update the list of blogs I link to on my side bar.  Many are out of date and no longer maintained. So that is step two.

I was going to go with something wacky, wild and colorful because in my  head, that is what I like.  However, the application in my life isn't as consistent.  Having a difficult time navigating the color world was also an obstacle.  Blogger isn't the most friendly tool and I admit that I often have a hard time getting some of my posts to format correctly.  But it's free, so the price is right!

4 comments:

  1. I like the new banner. Thanks for explaining the favicon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I was a bit unsure at first, but now I think it's fine.

      Delete
  2. It looks nice. Glad you told me that was a gem in your hand in the photo. It looked like an earring back to me, (viewing on a pc). I'd be waaaay to scared to change anything on my blog. It's been the same for years and I'm not good with technical stuff. I just update my banner now and then. That's all I can handle. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorta technical and even I struggle. The thing is, once you start making changes, it's hard to go back. So unless you are prepared to spend some time on it, it's not worth it to try -- so I don't blame you for not wanting to change!

      Delete