Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Today Was a Good Day to...

... do laundry and clean!  My 401(k) and Roth IRA checks came in on Monday, so I had to drop them off to my financial advisor today in order to put the money into my own IRA.  Once home, I still had time to polish off a few chores.  I'd wanted to do a load of laundry yesterday, but got behind because pup and I took a long walk.  It was good to have 13K steps and ten flights of stairs!


 One of the best things about my new part-time career is that I don't only vacuum on the weekend.  Granted, I don't like that particular chore, but when the only time to fit it in falls on Saturday or Sunday, sometimes you get behind and skip it all together.  Now I am getting to it twice a week.  The canister used to be jammed with dog hair, an indication of what was trapped in the rug which we were living with.  It is really nice to know our rugs are cleaner these days.


While I am proud of myself for keeping up with the bathroom every day, looking at this shot repulses me.  It is easy to lose track of things that do need to be clean when you just keep up with the over-all surface on a daily basis.  I think one of the tasks I will tackle on Friday, is scrubbing around the base of the shower door.  Ick!

It has been a real adjustment to relax at night and on the weekends.  I feel guilty -- like I should be doing more... but I don't need to!  We can actually enjoy our free time.  I did used to feel guilty if I loafed on Saturday or Sunday  because I knew there were chores that needed to be done.  Now they are all taken care of and I need to learn to let that "I should be busy" anxiety go.

6 comments:

  1. I felt like that after retirement. I'd been so, so busy before. It gets better pretty quickly though. My life is still as full as I want it to be bit everything moves more slowly and in a more leisurely fashion. It's just lovely.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Joy, people used to tell me "You won't know what to do with yourself when you retire." My answer was always "Wanna bet?" I still think there is so much more I could be doing but feel fine about things the way they are.

      Delete
  2. It is good you can rearrange your chores so they are not suck a burden on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is helping TBGs stress levels. He was never able to relax. Either I had a list of things for him to do, or if he was relaxing, I was buzzing around trying to get things done. Then if we had plans in the evenings, I was too exhausted.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it nice to have more free time? But don't worry you will fill it;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a "dream task" list -- like making granola, fresh bread, more jelly, etc. But I'm OK with what I am getting done now. I will have to spend some time in the yard once the snow melts. So yes, there will always be plenty to do!

      Delete