Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I Keep Getting Younger


Today is my birthday and I am apparently getting younger.  Although I've reach the ripe age of 56, the bakery thought I was younger.  TBG didn't catch the cake fail because he sent his driver out to pick it up, since he was stuck back at work closing up shop when it was near closing time for the bakery.  He even promised the driver a slice.  I guess I can spare it, since this is my second cake of the day.  The architects got me a luscious chocolate cake with cheesecake filling.  That was in addition to the junk food breakfast I brought in.  Someone is not tracking her food intake today!




I admit that I buy myself  birthday presents.  The blue prescription sunglasses arrived today.  While the necklace was delivered last week, I did not wear it until today.  TBG had no clue what to gift me with and I hadn't asked for anything.  Getting a little something for myself took the guilt/pressure off him.  I have since decided I want a new light fixture for my  bedroom and will pick something out.  So far I have not found anything I like. But I am looking!

A puppy was what I wanted for my birthday ten years ago and this is me bringing Teddy home.  We actually picked her up after my birthday, but she was my present -- so I'm know I'm pretty good at figuring out the right gift for myself!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Calories and carbs do not count on birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did decide to update my FitBit food log and I was only 284 calories over. I wonder what I missed?

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you. Have a wonderful day.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! With doughnuts and cake, you can't have a bad day!

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That cakes looks delicious. If you can pull off this reverse aging a few more times, you will be set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs a time machine when you have a bakery that subtracts years?

      Delete
  4. Have a great day and all kudos on losing six years somewhere x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, if only I could weigh what I did six years ago!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Alex! Oh that puppy picture is so adorable. Did your house used to be yellow? Or was that taken somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was taken at our old house -- the yellow house was next door. I can't believe we've been in this new house for six years already.

      Delete
  6. A most happy birthday to you, although it looks like I'm a couple days late. I would be thrilled to see my birthday cake with a big 5-0 on it. Teddy was adorable, and so cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like me dog to get a few years younger too! I don't care that you are tardy either!

      Delete