Monday, March 26, 2018

Working Girls

 It was a busy day for me and the girl.  We paid bills and organized receivables too.  The "Received" stamp leaks ink and my fingers got covered in it.  Teddy ended up with blue ink too.  She spends a lot of time by my side so she had to get in on the action!


Tomorrow is "Souper Tuesday" so I made a huge batch of cream of celery with chicken and barley.  It was tiring  because we did a 2 mile walk on the canal after work and I also had to hit the grocery store to pick up ingredients tonight and tomorrow's dinner.

Part of the whole soup thing is to use up leftovers -- and we had some of the Pressure Drop double IPA left from the growler I picked up for TBG a few weeks back.  It took him a week to break into it and then he spaced it out over another week.  My bread is very hearty and it tastes like an IPA -- but it's not overwhelming.  This will be great for dipping in the soup.

Teddy was not concerned about her blue spot at all, but she was a bit bummed that I was cutting up massive amounts of celery.  She got a stalk just to appease her never sated appetite.  One of these days I am taking her into PetSmart to be weighed.  Although she is always hungry no matter what her weight, she's looking pretty skinny these days.  If she has dipped below 60, I'll have to start feeding her more.  We want her in the low 60's.   There was a time that she had hit nearly 80  -- and that was a little much.  I think she is burning more calories now that she is a working dog. Hey, we both are!

14 comments:

  1. Her blue spot is charming. Do dogs usually eat celery? Or, does she eat because it is food from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She eats it because she will eat anything. Most dogs don't like celery. The dogs at work never ate bananas until she came along. Now they are all crazy for them. Since we don't feed her dog food, she's eaten all sorts of real food all her life. I can't recall anything she wouldn't eat!

      Delete
  2. Teddy is so adorable. I love that she gets to "work" too. I imagine that has only strengthened the bond between you. Just love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our last dog was totally a daddy's girl. No matter what I did! She was headed that way, but since I had a few periods (one for almost a year) of unemployment and now this job, I've had more time to influence (i.e. bond) with her. But she isn't the most loyal dog. She is like velcro with our main architect and seems to worship her. I've had her attention because that nice lady has had the last two days off!

      Delete
  3. Dogs hold the world's woes in their eyes, don't they. Teddy is beautiful.
    Did you make the bread by just subbing the beer for the water?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were that brave! I am going to try that when I have a little extra time for it to rise. Since I used white whole wheat flower, it should rise if I use just beer. Teddy thanks you for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. Buddy likes celery and carrots best. He is lean too, almost too lean but he is healthy so the vet is not concerned. Teddy looks healthy and happy, especially since he gets more Mom time now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does need to stay slim because of her rebuilt leg, but I feel guilty if she is truly starving. I know how I hate to be hungry!

      Delete
  5. Teddy looks like he loves the kitchen "work" to "taste" the goodies every now and again. He is beautiful. Glad that he healed well after his ACL surgery...our Cali girl (the lab I mentioned in previous posts) is doing well after her surgery as well. Glad you are both enjoying your time together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of her besties, a rottweiler, had the surgery recently and is doing well. I think it was well worth the $$$ and that is why we want her to stay slim. I was shocked when I looked at old vet bills and saw her weight!

      Delete
  6. As dogs age they can get thinner. I know most get fatter, but not always. You might have to up her calorie count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is certainly hoping I take your advice!!!

      Delete
  7. My little dog loves raw vegetables, although I've never tried to give her celery. Her very favorite is raw potato. Can you imagine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy's breeder left out potatoes, carrots and celery on the floor for the puppies. I think that might also be part of the reason she's always been open to veggies. I rarely give her raw potatoes because there generally aren't any scraps. But I do cook a fish and potato mixture that she loves -- white, red, sweet, purple, ect. doesn't matter what kind, she loves them!

      I fill up her bowl with lettuce, salad, etc. and she chows that down too.

      Delete