Tuesday, May 29, 2018

More Deals at the DT!

Cocktail/appetizer olives for a buck... what a deal!  This is an example of the type of thing I look for when I am surfing the aisles at the Dollar Tree.  I like to have these kinds of things on hand for guests or if we are asked to bring an appetizer platter to a gathering.

Cans of sauce and diced tomatoes for a buck each is a nice deal too.  Hunts makes sauce in a can -- but the those are larger and the product has high fructose corn syrup, the Prego sauces don't.  The Hunts diced tomatoes are organic.  The main attraction for these (besides the price) are that they are smaller sizes, making them perfect for camp.  The sauces have a pull-top, which  is great since the can opener in the trailer is a bit hard to use. These will be easy to pack and use -- I'll store them at home and just bring them with us when we need them.

The frozen fruit and veggies are the reason I went into the store to begin with.  I use these to make veggie slop for the pup when I don't have any fresh odds and ends left over.  The latest batch will be peaches and California medley (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots).  I whiz this in the food processor with some orange juice and oil (a blend that is EVOO, sunflower and safflower).  The DT is a cheap source of frozen fruits and veggies and Teddy gives them four paws up.

5 comments:

  1. I got lucky one day at the DT at found StarKist Lemon Pepper Tuna packets. They are $1.40 at Publix. I actually like the ranch flavor best, but the lemon pepper is also good. I bought a few when I saw them at DT and went back another day to get more, but they were all gone and they haven't been back since. I also get my Panko breadcrumbs, egg noodles, and Knorr rice packets there. The closet DT to me doesn't have a freezer section unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen those packets -- and buy them. They are great for camp and to provide TBG with quick lunch options if he is stuck at work.

      Delete
  2. I have 4 cans of the Prego alfredo sauce, intending to make both a noodle side dish as well as a chicken alfredo pizza experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of pizza with the alfredo too!

      Delete
  3. I love those olives to the point I crave them now!

    ReplyDelete