Tuesday, May 8, 2018

My Kind of Day

I wanted to work part time so I could enjoy days like today.  It was warm and sunny after work, so the pup and I walked along the river.  Of course, I had to keep her on a short leash so she couldn't scarf up goose poop.  She is annoying like that; always looking for something on the ground to eat.  She will grab and chew anything just so I can't get it from her.   We didn't go to the end of the park where she normally swims, so there wasn't too much pulling.  If I take her in lower down in the park, she goes crazy to get into the water.  Here she is, mostly looking like a good girl.


After the cold grey weather we've suffered through, it was nice to finally have a beautiful day.  I think we hit 80 and there was a breeze.  We've had strong winds lately and lots of cold weather.  Today was the first time in a long time that I didn't want to miss an opportunity to walk on the river.

Of course, I then had to spend time catching up on chores.  But it was worth it! Now I can't wait until it is warm enough to not only walk along the river, but to get in and swim as well!

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to be near water. It just does something to refresh the spirit, even for puppers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until we are both swimming in it, that is even better!

      Delete