Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Back from Camp

There hasn't been much exciting to post this week.  Teddy and I went up to camp early, a day ahead of TBG.  We got up Thursday night, relaxed and swam on Friday.  TBG got up later on Friday so we back-tracked to Pultneyville and grabbed panini's at the Pultneyville Deli Company.  The Village of Sodus Point was too crowded and we'd have to wait for a table to eat anywhere there.

We are in the village before the crowds start and stay well past Labor Day when they disappear.  It is good to see people in the area spending money after last year was such a wash-out because of the massive flooding.  Friends were supposed to come out but the cancelled at the last minute.  People do that entirely too much.  Well, we took the big batch of pork chops and made dinner for our friends Mark and June.  We didn't suffer too much because it was a great swimming weekend.  June and I went out to breakfast on Friday.  Best of all, we saw tons of eagles and found a new nest with a young one perched nearby.  It is so awesome to see these birds rebound.

I drove the Benz and it went great.  Of course, I am always a little on edge, so I headed for home a half hour before TBG, so he could assist if I broke down on the way.  It is about 120 miles and takes a little under two hours to get there.  Most of it is highway.  I figured if I  broke down and had to be towed, he could drive us the rest of the way.  Yes, that is the adventure of driving a 34 year old car!  On Friday, a friend and I are going to Canadaigua to see Alan Jackson.  Seeing him is on her bucket list and none of her other friends want to go.  Hey, I like music, so I'm willing to do it -- and she is buying the tickets.  I will ask if she wants to meet men.  If so, and she's up to an adventure, we can drive the  Benz and tailgate a bit before the show.  The car is a man magnet.

Now I've got to start listening to some Alan Jackson songs so I will recognize them. I wonder if he'll notice me in the audience and remember that we met almost thirty years ago? Of course not!

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Man magnet! Good luck sometimes it's fun just to talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woman I bought it from, in her 70's, told me that. She said it especially at the grocery store. She was right! Between that and the dog, it's amazing how many people I meet!

      Delete
  2. My ex looked just like Alan Jackson. Too bad he didn't have his career. Or any career, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete