Sunday, August 19, 2018

Rainy Day Bargains

We went to camp this weekend and it absolutely poured on Saturday, so we decided to go to the outlet mall.  I had needed to replace my water sandals. They are probably five years old and the soles are coming off. I will try to re-glue them, but am not optimistic.  I have also wanted a pair of basic black flats that I did not need to wear socks with.  The pair I have is too big unless I wear socks -- not the best for summer.  Famous Footwear and a BOGO-1/2 price sale.  My water sandals were $20 and the ballet flats were half of their sale price of $15.  I was so glad to find both on sale as they are normally fifty to sixty bucks a piece and I just was not going to pay that.

TBG needed to replace his sneakers but could not find anything for the second pair to get half price.  He wears an 11.5 4E shoe, so not a lot will fit him. I picked up the boots to complete the deal.  At $15 on sale, they were mine for $7.50, and are just the type of thing I like to wear with leggins in colder weather.  I was very happy to have gotten what I wanted plus the boots as a bonus.

Christopher & Banks was having a clearance/liquidation sale. I picked up two vests and a jacket and they were three bucks a piece.  The vests are very large because I didn't realize how C&B sizes in order to make larger girls feel better.  That is OK as I can wear them over bulky sweaters or sweatshirts.

The black vest is reversible and has a faux fur inside. On the shiny side, the zipper has a ruffle.  I think the boucle will be good with a sweater or sweatshirt.  The jacket is a great fall-weight and the lining is polka-dotted.  I see myself wearing it with leggins and my new booties.

Most of these bargains were there so that the shops could clear things out for back-to-school.  I really like to shop a few weeks before BTS in order to get the fall merchandise left from the prior year and to also get what is left from summer --  because we still have a month to go!  Grabbing summer end-of year deals means we will be set to go when summer comes around next year.  OK, and also because I am cheap!

4 comments:

  1. Not cheap - economical! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying like that is how I like to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you blog admin for this wonderful post,As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS & Gastro Disorder and herpes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my everything and the symptoms were terrible, she always complained of heavy menstruation, and she always had difficulty falling asleep . We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and I saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who has the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and he has herbal cure for Herpes,HIV/Aids,Diabetes,Neuro Disease,Cancer,Back Pain,COPD,Parkinson, and other disease you can visit Dr Itua herbal center website to read more www.drituaherbalcenter.com or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete