Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wagon Love

This is why I love my station wagon: I was looking out the window at work while my coffee was re-heating in the microwave.  One of the buildings on the street next to our office had a growing pile of trash.  Once it was time to take Teddy for her morning spin, I scoped out this stand I had my eye on.  Once I determined it was worth grabbing, I went back and got my keys, stashed it in the back -- along with an iron magazine rack.

I have not introduced it to the house, and TBG won't be happy I picked it -- but there was other stuff I wanted that I did leave behind.  My first offer will be to our campground because they have a cabin to furnish and I think they might like it.  If they don't, I will paint/finish it, then use it.  I will keep the magazine rack on the picnic table at camp to hold paper plates, etc.  It will also do a good job of holding our tablecloth down.

The Benz was at the garage (repair shop) for a very long time. It takes "Hans and Franz" a while to get around to looking at it once we drop it off.  We had an appointment on June 12th -- but apparently, that just got us a parking spot.  It took them weeks and weeks to look at it.  They determined it was a blown fuse.  The fuse was for the glow-plugs.  Diesel cars these days don't have those -- they are fuel injected (or something like that).  The fuses are no longer made. The mechanic had to make his own.  But now I have my car back and am  happy about it.  Otherwise, I never would have been able to trash pick this find!

6 comments:

  1. A very lucky find! And I'm glad you have your beloved vehicle back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be driving my old girl again!

      Delete
  2. I would keep that table. Even though I don't have a station wagon, I have had cars large enough to hold that table. However, it seems cars I get are smaller now. So, I need a station wagon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to keep it. The lady I offered it to isn't interested. Now I have to decide what to do with it!

      Delete
  3. Glad you got your car back. I too find it hard to stop from picking up perfectly good items. That table would make a great little potting table for someone or a porch table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a big enough porch but do like the idea of a potting table. Something to work on now!

      Delete