Saturday, November 11, 2017

Can't Change My Spots

 This lady loves leopard.  Each year, I splurge on a piece of leopard patterned outerwear.  Last year it was a vest.  For the up coming winter, it's a coat.  The plush faux fur is right up my alley and I could not resist the buy.  After heading down to Hamburg, NY to meet a friend for breakfast, my goal was to make a stop into the Park Avenue Coat Company -- a great place to find marked-down outerwear.  There are many brands and products, overstock, last season, irregular and what-not from a variety of sources from  Betsy Johnson to Walmart.  Most coats are $35 each or three for $99.

 I just needed one coat.  The one I have had for a few years is getting admittedly a little small.  It also came from the same store.  When it comes to coats, I no longer buy second hand.  It's easier to find something new at a discount for less than it would cost to buy thrift and then dry-clean.   Methinks I will look quite stylish sporting this fun fake in my old Mercedes.  I can't wait for us to go out together!




The upside to shopping in a discount warehouse is that you get a name brand product that sells at a full retail price for a steep discount.  This coat was tagged at $180 from Nordstroms.  The downside is that it's not a luxe experience!  While waiting on-line, a man started threatening the cashier and a clerk.  The store has a no-refund policy and he'd already returned a coat once. He was demanding a refund and getting very belligerent, claiming no one ever told him he couldn't get his money  back.  I got fed up after he started to get in the young woman's face and pointed out the sign that said "All Sales Final - No Refunds."  He started to go in on me when his daughter wisely pulled him away.  Definitely not a Nordstroms experience!

Well, I got a good deal, pissed off a bastard (nothing makes me happier than to do something that causes an idiot to give me the finger - which he did), and I made the clerk's day because no one had ever stuck up for him like that.  That's just the way I am and I will never change.

All in all, I say the purchase was a success!

2 comments:

  1. Very stylish! Love your new coat! You should feel good for standing up to the rude customer...it must be scary some days when people get very obnoxious...and for what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be tougher and tougher to have a customer-facing job these days. I do love the coat and would never have bought it at Nordstroms.

      Delete