Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Dog-O-Ween

Goth is not a good look for me!  I painted my face white and put on black lipstick and spent Halloween day as a witch.  Lots of people at work were dressed up, but unfortunately I missed the big office picture because I had to host a conference call.  One thing I like about working in an office of "millennials" is that they get involved.  They don't think it's silly to dress up or participate in events.  They are willing to walk away from their desk and see what's going on.  I think more folks in my age group need to stop thinking their image and what they do is so important that they can't dress up or join in.  Of course, I really couldn't get out of the call -- and I was bummed!

Teddy and I had matching outfits.  Unfortunately, it was a dreary, cold and wet day.  We got maybe eight groups of kids.  And she waited at the door hoping for more!  Teddy loves Halloween.  She tolerates her costume and leaves it alone.  A couple of groups asked if they could take a picture with her, so that made it even more of a treat for her.  It's just sad that we had the same costume and it looked so much better on her!  Oh well, who can compete with a cute dog?  Certainly not a 55 year old woman!

10 comments:

  1. I think you both look awesome! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a great accessory. If it had been warm and dry, we would have gone for a walk dressed up too!

      Delete
  2. Awwww... you both look adorable. How much fun it must be to have a pet that actually likes Halloween. My cats consider it to be torture and they cower in the basement until it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our last dog would roll and around and dislodge hats, etc. Teddy just puts up with it and enjoys the attention. She's lost weight so her skirt kept falling off!

      Delete
  3. You and Teddy look fabulous! You're one hot witch! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do wish I could have worn higher heels!

      Delete
  4. You both look great! How cute that Teddy loves Halloween. We don't give out treats because Zoey barks her head off when anyone gets near the house. It scares everybody away. Most of the time it's a good thing, but not on Halloween, so we just avoid the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pathetic Teddy stands at the door with her head cocked to the side, hoping to hear kids. One group didn't hit the bell right so Teddy leg out a low woof to get our attention. I wish I could have brought her to work!

      Delete
  5. This was a funny post! Don't feel bad about competing with a cute dog. You did well. I think it is funny that the dog likes Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One year we were at camp and she dressed like a lady bug, we took her into town and people pulled their cars over to see her. TBG doesn't like to dress her up but it is fun for us girls!

      Delete