Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wednesday is Thursday this Week...

We are hosting a river cruise tomorrow night for TBG's best clients, so no dinner at home.  That is OK, I used left-overs to make dinner tonight and it's just like it would be if it were Thursday.  I had stock from last week, and a jar of marinara from last night.  TBG left a half a pepper in the fridge from his chicken wrap at lunch.  Add in half a zucchini,  pearl barley & red quinoa, onion, celery, the tail-end of a bag of cabbage/carrot slaw, and diced chicken breast from Monday, and you have a thick soup made with summer veggies.

 We had the end of a loaf of bread.  I made three batches of pizza dough last week and baked the final batch into bread on Friday to bring to camp.  We didn't eat it then, but we enjoyed it with pasta last  night.  Tonight I chopped it and tossed it with oil and spices, then baked it until crispy.

The soup and "croutons" were delicious.  I still have chicken and veggies to use on Friday -- but we might just have food left from what we'll serve tomorrow night -- which we are getting from a deli.  I still have bones and a couple of corn cobs to make into stock tomorrow.

I made today my last day of work. Everything was done and I saw no point in going in to waste 6 hours.  Truthfully, I am glad to be done.  Apparently only the boss knew I was going and it was a surprise to everyone else.  It ends up like that a lot when I leave a job.  I never said anything  negative to anyone so it might have been a surprise -- unless they were paying attention to the dynamics of what was going on and then they might have realized that I was frustrated and confused a lot of the time (but not with them).  It was a truly strange situation that I am disappointed over, but glad to move on from.  Especially since now I will have time to make consistently yummy, frugal and health meals.  That's "Souper!"

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your last day at work! Enjoy your retirement and gaining control over your days. Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianne! I will not miss the unpredictable state of mind of the people around me. Just me, TBG and the dog -- plus whomever I *want* to be around!

      Delete
  2. Those croutons look absolutely delicious and so does the soup. So good!
    Congratulations on your retirement. It is lovely, being retired and having plenty of time to do things properly. I am sure you will absolutely love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half way into my first day and I am loving it already. Another batch of dough is in the process now....

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your last day of work. I hope you'll enjoy your time off. When I retired I felt like I was playing hooky for the first week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to your newfound freedom. Don't be surprised if other short term/part time opportunities present themselves, even when you aren't interested in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you blog admin for this wonderful post,As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS & Gastro Disorder and herpes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my everything and the symptoms were terrible, she always complained of heavy menstruation, and she always had difficulty falling asleep . We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and I saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who has the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and he has herbal cure for Herpes,HIV/Aids,Diabetes,Neuro Disease,Cancer,Back Pain,COPD,Parkinson, and other disease you can visit Dr Itua herbal center website to read more www.drituaherbalcenter.com or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete