Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Beach Blanket Buy

I was lucky enough to score a beach blanket at a flea market this weekend.  This is something I'd wanted for the backseat of my car.  When you drive around with a wet dog in your car every day, you start to realize the value of decorative seat protection.  This one set me back just five bucks, so I figured it was worth it.  I'm driving our 2003 Malibu right now because the Benz is in the shop.  I think she likes it there, where she sits beside another vintage Mercedes and an older Jaguar.  My guess is that she either has a blown fuse for her glow plugs or it's the glow plug relay.  So for now, I am driving the car that we had previously made a dog-free vehicle.


I really liked the pattern of this blanket and the colorful tote can hang off the back of one of the front seats.  It will be a good way for me to store stuff.  It has a lot of room and pockets, straps, etc. for things like water bottles.


The blanket itself is 100% polyester. I hope Teddy doesn't slip on it! Right now I keep a beach towel on the seat.  I wash it once a week, but that is not often enough to keep the car from smelling like wet dog.  But my life seems to revolve around wet dog, so it should be no surprise my car smells that way.
On a totally different note, I put flowers in my new coffee pot.  I had to fill them in with a few cuttings from my garden.  Nothing is really blooming yet, but it helped.  There were no roses in the color I like so I went with a mixed bouquet.   The bunch that I picked had the most unopened buds -- which I hope means it will last longer.  After all, I'm not just cheap -- I am really cheap!



6 comments:

  1. Your blanket is pretty besides being a great price and useful. I like the flowers in the teapot. They go together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the teapot and this type of bouquet really is a nice combination.

      Delete
  2. That blanket is gorgeous, Teddy will be travelling in style! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a pretty girl that it is a shame her mommy doesn't go to greater lengths to properly accessorize her!

      Delete
  3. Love that pattern in the beach blanket and a score for $5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blue and I love paisley and I like the quality of Waverly products. I didn't even dicker with the price because I knew it was a good deal -- never used!

      Delete