Wednesday, June 13, 2018

My Happy Dog

Teddy gets the blues when we leave camp.  There have been times when she's taken off and run to another trailer when it's been time to leave.  I certainly don't blame her -- I'd like to stay at camp too.  She does settle down in the car on the way home, which is an improvement over the trip out on Friday night.  On the way out, she won't settle down.  We also eat Burger King in the car and she drools buckets because she wants some.


We had a dog that would go into a real funk when she woke up on Monday morning because it meant the beginning of a boring week.  She would actually mope.  At least Teddy has the office to look forward to.  At this point, she has something to look forward to almost every day.

I know this seems like a mundane topic, but I find her focus very refreshing and I long for that type of mindset.  She has basically a few states of mind: anticipation, excitement/frenzy, hunger and sluggishness (she is a good couch potato).  Her only moments of real fear or terror involve going to the groomer every six weeks.  Other than that, the only downside to her existence that I can see is her persistent hunger.  But I get that, because if I was as trim as she is, I'd be hungry all of the time too.

One of the reasons that I think I love having my dog around (aside from the never ending supply of love I get from her), is that I have the opportunity to make her so happy.  I love my husband and I can make him happy, but he has his own difficulties that I can't do anything about.  My guilty pleasure isn't only the time I get to spend with my dog, it's that I have a near 100% track record in the satisfaction department as far as she is concerned.  You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can please my dog 95% of the time.  If only people were that easy!




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The view is pretty gorgeous too...

      Delete
  2. Dogs are the best! Nice photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do miss not having a kitty but have to admit that they are not as much fun to spoil!

      Delete
  3. Dogs are so good for people mental health. Buddy only gets depressed when it rains, and when dad goes on trips. When we both go on trips he is at the sitter with his real dog MOM & DAD and usually a bunch of other animals so I don't think he has time for it. He definitely helps us when we are super busy and stressed out - always time for a dog pet or hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teddy gets lazy when it rains. This is a dog that loves the water but doesn't care for the rain and hates a bath. She adapts well to being a couch potato, but nothing is more depressing to her than leaving camp. It is almost funny....

      Delete