Sunday, June 17, 2018

Pretty Post Modern Pottery

I love California pottery from the fifties through to the early 70's.  While I don't collect a lot of it for myself, I do buy it as gifts for my sister.  She collects stuff and has an over-stuffed house, so it's a logical gift.  At Chez Petitie,we don't do a lot of "staging" simply because I don't like dust and want a house that is easy to clean.

That being said, I could not pass on this nice little Wade pottery dish.  I have wanted one piece of a post-modern nature to decorate the living room.  Rather than buy something in a big box discount, I knew I could find something if I looked on my own.  This candy dish is small and it's earthy style matches with the dark woods in the room.

I have already put sucking candy in it because TBG has a cough.  Not only will it be functional, but at three bucks, it was worth the price.  This goes back to my gripe about Estate sales. If I found this at a sale run by an Estate Sale company, I would have paid more along the lines of what I am seeing this listed for on-line (twenty to thirty bucks).

I'll take a picture of a small orange vase I found last month that will be a nice way to keep small bunches of flowers for our gardens.  And on that note, that inexpensive bouquet of yellow roses I got at Aldi well over a week ago is still going strong!  The thrifted vase was a buck, and I use it all of the time on these $3.99 bargain bouquets.  My cheap standards are that I will only pay a dollar for a vase and under five bucks for house flowers.  I am doing OK so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment