Friday, June 29, 2018

Convenience and Comfort!

Another one of my current convenience hacks, is to buy a small container of guacamole and one Haas avocado.  I'll chop and mush up the avocado, then mix in the pre-made guac.  This saves me from wasting at least half a bunch of fresh cilantro -- as no matter what I plan, I can never use it all.  This Little Salad Bar tub was $2.49 and the avocado was a buck.  Last week, avocados were on sale for fifty cents!  I buy these at Aldi along with their Simply Nature multi-grain tortilla chips.  As far as junk/snack food goes, this is a pretty healthy snack.  I also cut down on the cost and sodium in the pre-made mix.  The avocado comes out to two bucks per pound, while the tub of guac is $2.58 per pound.  So I am also saving a little bit of money too.

Now that I am living a more casual life-style, I am ditching uncomfortable bras.  I had to give up underwires a while ago -- at my size, they are just not comfortable.  Since my size does vary and because I have a very in-between sized busty chest, it is hard to find a really comfortable bra at a good price.  Over the past few months, I've been picking up a cheap two-pack of stretch bras at either Family Dollar or Big Lots.  They run from ten to twelve bucks for a pair.

 The colors I stick with are black, white, beige, grey and sometimes blue.  With these styles and a lot of the tank tops I wear, it isn't a horrible fashion faux-pas to see the bra along with the shirt straps.  This is the kind of casual style I am loving.  While my last job was in a casual office, the type of position I held wasn't level-entry so everyone tended to lean a little more professional in their casual style.  Now, that is not an issue.  Since I am doing more active stuff right after work, I need a little more freedom of movement.  These bras are comfortable, cheap and convenient -- I hang them to dry and they are ready the next morning.  Unlike conventional bras, they don't stretch out of shape as badly because they are stretchy to being with.  I do take the padding out of the cups and just throw it away. I wish I could think of a re-use for them!

On an unrelated note, I went to my favorite lake/river glass site today to see what I could harvest. I've had very little luck because the water level is so high.  My favorite spot has very little coast line.  Also, my sneaky path down to it is very over-grown.  I am hoping things get better as the summer wears on.  As it is, the water is almost ten degrees colder that it normally is at this time, so I have not been in swimming with the pup.  We are now meeting up with our favorite river-buddy, Jim.  To me, summer is not officially started unless I am in the river and Jim is around.  So I guess it's almost official!

4 comments:

  1. My favorite guacamole hack is to just mash up an avocado with some picante sauce. Of course, I have to find the brands that don't have any cilantro because, of course, I'm allergic to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sometimes just mix it up with this Goya green sauce that comes in a squeeze bottle. That would not work for you because it is loaded with Cilantro!

      It must be difficult to have so many food allergies :-(

      Delete
  2. I use old shoulder pads to pad anything breakable I put away or just do not want to get chipped before I use it again. Use padding for padding. Also, use it under legs of a piece of furniture you want to move to make it glide easily or to save the floor. Use them for kneepads.

    ReplyDelete