Thursday, June 7, 2018

Stocking up at the DT


 I stocked up on more than scrunchies at the DT this past week.  I grabbed more canned sauce products as a few lazy dinners this week depleted my supply.  The main reason for my visit, was frozen veggies/fruit for the pup and stock for Tuesday soup.  I was delighted to find small cans of pink salmon.  A large can, approximately the size of two small ones, generally runs about three bucks.  These cans get me out of a jam when we run out of meat for the pup or if what we've pulled from the freezer is too solid to give her.  We usually include a raw egg in a salmon meals -- making it one of her favorite eats.


While the pros warn us not to use cheap chargers from the dollar store, I buy cables there if they are not the usual store brand.  I picked up a cell phone holder that clips the the vent in your car. We don't use the phone in the car, but need to find some place to keep it when we are driving.

There were all natural Buffalo bones too!  These would be much more than a buck in a pet supply store. I grabbed two for doggy gifts.  They are too small for Teddy but she has friends who are the right size.  When we visit the home of a fellow dog owner, we always bring something for the pooch(es).

I honestly spend about $20 at the Dollar Tree each week.  Sometimes it's too easy to pick up junk, but mostly I grab stuff that I would normally want to buy but pass up at full retail because it's not a necessity.  Maybe that's why I get so much out of shopping there? It's a splurge that is not a splurge!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say you ate the small can of salmon. I like to make salmon croquettes with a small can. Plus, I like to mix one in with scrambled eggs as they cook. Salmon and eggs was one of my favorite dinners as a child along with potatoes and gravy over all...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look into a recipe for that! I do like some salmon for the dog for her skin. When we have guests and they peel off the skin, it goes to the dog. But I can see how a small can would be a perfect meal for one using it as a filling for a croquette.

    ReplyDelete