Sunday, June 10, 2018

Living the Good Life!

We had a lot of fancy coaches in the park this weekend.  Boy would I like to have one of those sleek buses with huge slide-outs, a kitchen with granite countertops, high-end finishes and conveniences galore.  Some folks spend close to a million or more on their traveling abodes.  I have no problem with that, since they can afford it.  Our trailer is a light-weight 2006 Jay-Flight, made by Jayco which we bought used about eight or nine years ago.  It's about 30 feet long with one narrow slide out for the couch and a very cramped kitchen, small back bedroom, dinette, tiny water closet (with a bath/shower we can no longer use).  Hey, it's a place to sleep!


Whether we have a luxury trailer/coach or not, the view is still spectacular.  Most of what we go to our camp for is outside the trailer anyway.  If I go through all the pictures I've taken over the year, I have a lot of sunset pictures.  Many of them may look the same, but each time we see one like this, I have to take a picture.  They're not uncommon, but that doesn't mean they aren't special.


What is special, is when I can not only watch, but capture a picture of a bald eagle.  This one is probably two years old.  The white head and tail are beginning to form.  If I had a better/longer lens, you would be able to see a white ring around the neck.  Other shots I captured showed the white tail.  The wings are not as dark as they eventually will be either.  This bird is beautiful to watch.  A more mature and larger relative soared directly over our heads while we ate our breakfast outside this morning.  That's something we would have missed if we were eating in a luxury coach kitchen!

9 comments:

  1. It is great to be able to see nature when you eat outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to switch off sides of the table, now we both sit on the same side so we can both see the lake. We both win!

      Delete
  2. Seems to me that no matter how fancy your RV is, the real luxury is that view and it's priceless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never feel like I fully capture just how big the lake is and how much surrounds us. But the view of a sunset is a good place to start!

      Delete
  3. Yours seems more like camping :) You do have a great spot. I wish we had a hideaway like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if we lived in a trailer for longer than a few days or a week at a time, we'd like more luxury, but the camping vibe is fine by me!

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely photo of the two special ones in your life and that view is amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete