Saturday, February 17, 2018

Books & Boots

Dollar Tree is a good source for cheap books.  I stopped in today to see what they had and I found six worth grabbing, four of which will be gifts.  I also grabbed a small spiral notepad because it had a cool design and I like having them on hand.

It has been a while since I have done any recreational thrift shopping and thought I'd splurge today just because it was Saturday -- and it's been ages since I thrifted on a Saturday morning.  Before I got to the store, I bought some groceries at Tops so I could get a $4 coupon for Amvets.  I picked up two pairs of flat boots.  With tax and rounding up for the vets, I spent a whopping eleven bucks.  Not bad for a pair of Calvin Klein and Vince Camutos.
Here are some of the books I bought:

Bathroom reading for TBG

One of the things I will give my sister for her birthday. I ordered a silver ring on-line yesterday.

These two are for me!

This one is for my friend Pam, who has a passion for dogs, hunting & hunting dogs.  She just brought us a bountiful package of goodies back from a bourbon tour in Kentucky.  I know she will dig this book big time.

There were two more books that were small fiction pieces that were written as if Thomas Jefferson and FDR were writing letters during their presidency.  We have a dear camp friend who is a wonderful aunt to Teddy, whom we know will enjoy them.

I am keeping my fingers crossed on the suede boots and hope they fit well.  I couldn't tell the size in the store and got them home to find that they are a half size smaller than my regular size.  They did fit, so I will probably wear them with thin socks or tights.  In any event, I am happy to have more low boots as they are an important part of the season when it's cold and you need your ankles covered.

1 comment: