Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Dirty Side of Winter

This is what our front yard looked like today.  It is really gross.  I really hate when the snow gets so dirty that you don't want to have anything to do with it.  In fact, I won't even walk Teddy in our neighborhood because it is so dirty.


Yesterday, one of the architects took her for a walk.  Today I took her along the river.  It had warmed up so I went without a hat. Big mistake!  The water is still cold and the wind was strong.  While it was worse going out, I decided to whimp out on the way back and cut into the neighborhood on the other side of the river walk.

One good thing about walking her in really cold and windy weather, is that it tires her out.  She also has a love of rolling in the snow -- something my co-worker noted as well.  Last month when we had sub-zero temps, she didn't want to go out at all.  Now she can't get enough of the snow -- but we're not going anywhere near the dirty stuff!

We did manage to get a walk in, and I had time at home to do laundry and make chicken cacciatore for dinner.   I started pizza dough because we are having a dinner guest tomorrow.  It is nice that Thursday is really my Friday since I have that day off.  I'm getting a lot more done and it was nice to be done with dinner by 7PM -- about an  hour and a half earlier than when we would when I worked full time.  I am really enjoying my new part-time work life!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, the snow does get gross. We're slated to have a fresh cover so it will hide the ugly for a little while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a serious down-pour, but it's been too cold for that. It would probably drop to freezing the next day and we'd be covered in ice!

      Delete