Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Winter Workout Gear

I dropped my gym/pool membership last year and even though I now have more time, I am not going to re-join any time soon.  While I do have more time on my hands, I don't really have enough to spare to go back to the gym full-boar.  Although it can be a challenge to get exercise in the winter, I have my own work-out -- walking the dog in the snow.  Yes, fitness is important, but keeping my life in order is a higher priority.


Today Teddy and I only went a mile -- but walking a mile in a foot of snow is not easy.  If I had more time, I would have stayed out with her longer.   But alas, I still have chores I am committed to.  Going to the gym would  not have saved me any time at all as I would still need to walk the dog.  When TBG gets home, he will get some cardio by moving snow around outside.  If he wants to get on his Spin bike, that is fine by me.  With it being in the basement, I know exactly when to get dinner on the table -- something I didn't know when he was Spinning at the gym.  Granted he was paid to do that, but it only amounted to about $20 per week.  I do sorta get paid to take the dogs out at work because we take a break every morning and get the girls out.  That's walking and stair time!

I see these ads for incline treadmills.  They are really pricey.  I get my resistance walking up and down the stairs (and I have my fancy FitBit to track that), as well as walking in the snow.  Being the efficiency monger I am, I like the fact that I'm also getting something done at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. We actually own a reclining treadmill, hubby bought it used when we moved here for $200. I never used it until last year though (he did). Now it is a lifesaver to get my 10,000 steps in...even when I feel lousy or the weather is bad I just break it up into little bits over the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have a treadmill or stairclimber, but we keep our workout equipment in the basement and the ceiling is too low!

      Delete