Wednesday, February 28, 2018

In the Evening...

 
In spite of my shorter work days, I still find myself busy in the evening.  Tonight I ran out to Aldi after dinner to pick up eggs and canola oil so I could make oatmeal raisin bars.  The recipe came from one of the cheap books I got at the dollar store last weekend.  I made these bars on Sunday and brought them to work on Monday.  A colleague who lives out of the area and visits periodically came in with two boxes of muffins from Tim Hortons.  I didn't think my oatmeal bars stood a chance.  There were quite a few left when I went home, so I figured I'd have one for breakfast the next day.  Nope.  They were gone.  The architects were gushing about them.  These are good -- they are not too sweet and they are very chewy.  In addition to the fiber from the oats, I use white whole wheat flour.


This probably looks like many other Teddy pictures.  I took this before 9PM and she has been a sloth on the couch like this all night.  Prior to her coming to work, she was just about winding down at this time.   Now she is just tired.

Today both Maddie and Snoopy were at work, and the owner's husband came in briefly to give me a start with QuickBooks.  Teddy loves him so her morning was extra special, plus the child photographer on our floor had a few clients in who wanted to meet the dogs. Although it rained, TBG took her for a walk before dinner too.  I also gave them a quick walk around 11:30 (which I get to do most days).

I found a good ballet barre workout on YouTube (Sleek Technique Ballet  Barre).  It's a 15 minute set of barre-work that I could have done in my sleep holding a beer in my younger days.  In my post surgical/joint replaced old age, it isn't easy.  However, after the first time, I was sold.  My knee felt better than  it ever has since my surgery.  My ankle too.  I have had a very hard time with persistent pain and limited mobility that I did not expect.  I am hoping I can build on the relief of the barre workout and do better.

It is wonderful to now have another skill and I am happy to get into QuickBooks. I also went to a short workshop at the Microsoft Store in the mall.  It was all  about optimizing LinkedIn.  My profile was already all-star rated, but I needed some ideas for the business profile we will be promoting.  I recommend checking into this free workshop if you are interested in boosting your personal/professional image.  There are add-ons they tell you about but it's not a hard sell.  I found it very useful.  I also met other women who are business owners and I plan to do more networking for the company.

Here's to learning new skills or brushing up on the old ones!

2 comments: