Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Cheaper than Cheap


I am truly cheaper than cheap.  Even if I like something that already has a low price, I always hope to find it for even less.  While I don't wear a lot of make-up, I like e.l.f. brand -- it's decent enough in quality and not over-priced.  It is my favorite budget brand.



This past week, I was cruising the aisles of the Dollar Tree because I had stopped in to get frozen veggies to make slop for the pup.  This meant I had to make a cursory sweep of the HBA products.  There are often very good deals to be found -- like the Sebastian conditioner that I found for a buck and bought ten bottles of.

Well, they do often carry e.l.f. products and my sweep turned up tubes of lip gloss in "Natural" -- just the type of shade I like to wear.  It took some discipline not to buy ten of them -- instead I grabbed two.  Since I don't wear makeup every day, I figured I would have other opportunities.  But this is just the type of cheap product I am looking to buy even cheaper.  No, cheap is not good enough for me -- I need to be cheaper!

4 comments:

  1. I love the DT! You never know what name brand items will turn up there. Good to know that e.l.f. is worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the first things I do check is to be sure the product wasn't made by "Greenbriar International" which is their own line. That quality isn't so great. But I do love the DT!

      Delete
  2. That is good to know about elf brand. I have wondered about it in WM. I cannot get around in the DT since they do not electric carts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The store can be hard to shop too, because the aisles are so narrow. The checkout is always under-staffed, so there are often long lines. I try to go at off-hours. But they definitely don't have electric carts. I don't remember if they have powered carts at Big Lots but I think you can sometimes find e.l.f. there too.

      Delete