Sunday, April 8, 2018

Even When I am Unlucky, I am Lucky

My weekend got off to a nightmarish start.  For some reason, my neck got stiff starting on Friday and I could not work it out.  By Saturday morning, it was agonizing.  We went to the urgent care where I got x-rays, a shot of pain meds and steroids.   I'm now on a course of NSAIDs and steroids.  I know people think steroids are evil, but when I have needed them, they have done a great job in relieving serious swelling.  The problem got so bad that I could not swallow.


I am a lucky girl because TBG takes good care of me.  Being as cheap as I am, I had planned to wait until Monday to see my chiropractor.  However, the issue of not being able to swallow was kinda scary and he told me if I hadn't agreed to go, he would have dragged me there anyway.  I need to stop being foolish about these things.  They required $90 up front, which I have in my HSA.  I got taken care of quicker than I would have at the doctor, and I got X-rays and injections of pain meds and steroids on the spot.  I was given two prescriptions which cost less than ten bucks too.  I will follow up with my Chiropractor during the week -- but as of today, I am 90% better.  I will have no problem going to work on Monday.  If I hadn't gone to the clinic, I would have probably lost more money by missing a day of work anyway.  And I got a delicious dinner to boot!


8 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And I hope I can avoid this in the future too!!!

      Delete
  2. What a nasty thing to happen. SO pleased it is easing off now.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had some warning it was about to happen. But now I know that the way I sleep with my hair in a bun is a problem, so I will stop doing that!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry, nothing like a pain in the neck to throw you down. I mean that with all sincerity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary -- especially since eating is so important to me (heh). Thanks for the nice thoughts -- I am feeling a lot better!

      Delete
  4. That would be scary! Do they know what caused it? Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sleep with my hair in a bun on the top of my head and I think that was causing some bad twisting and pulling. I do that so I can wash my hair at night and take less time drying in the morning. I am going to stop doing that now!

      Delete