Friday, April 13, 2018

Tea Totalling

I made up another big batch of iced tea today -- my standard formula of White Jasmine, Green, Black and Ginger, with freshly squeezed lemon and also a bit of fresh ginger (steeped with the tea).  A little honey was added with the sugar for a change. It turned out very well!  We save a lot of money and calories making it at home.  The convenience is great too.


Another thing I like to do after making the tea, is exfoliate!  Yes, you read it right.  I roll up my sleeves, take all the lemon peels and rub the lemon skins all over my arms, hands and fingers.  Next, comes a rub of baking soda.  Once that is done, I rinse it off with cold water and pat my skin dry.  Then I head over to the big aloe plant that is wintering inside.  Rubbing the fresh aloe all over feels great and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.

Once I'm done with all that, I put the peels and a little more baking soda into the garbage disposal then let it sit for a few minutes before grinding it all up.  That helps freshen the drain.

Make iced tea isn't only about beveraging!

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting post, thanks. I like to use my mint to make a very simple mint tea which is extremely refreshing on those hot days, both hot and cold. I must think how I can extend it somewhat.
    Thank for the idea.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fresh mint but it takes over the garden so I don't grow it. I need to work on that because I really like having it on hand -- especially for beverages!

      Delete
    2. If you grow your mint in a pot, it won't take over. Or, you can sink the pot into the ground to contain its wayward habits.

      Delete
  2. How exotic! I fear I'm a very boring tea drinker... black, green or oolong - and the only time I ever put anything in it is if I'm having hot black tea I like it with a bit of milk. (ok... now I'm musing over the phrase "in it is if" - amazing how I managed to use all of those words in sequence - damn... I'm such a nerd!)

    Anyhow, I heard somewhere that the phrase "tea totaling" doesn't actually have anything to do with tea... so you've caused me to go look it up. Apparently the etymology is not entirely clear, but the phrase is actually "teetotaler" and it's thought that the "tee" part was said as an emphasis on the word "total" - like "T-Total" - as in total abstinence from alcohol. Very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup -- a teetotaller is someone who you can rely on to be your designated driver!

      Delete
    2. That's a lot of tea! I only drink it with ice, nothing else.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Practical Parsimony, all tea needs is water, tea, and on occasion, ice. No polluted tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember that the next time I offer you a glass (or not...)!

      Delete