Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Rewards....

Busted!  OK, I have been known to tune in to Dr. Phil.... It's on when I get home from work and I watch it while I eat my lunch.  It makes me feel better about my life to know it's not in the least messed up or dysfunctional.  A wreck I can't help by drive by and look at...

The purpose of my taking a picture of the television, is that it's new.  We purchased it using reward points.  Since the television at camp was a big old boat anchor, the plan was to replace the TV at home and bring the older one to camp.  The prior set was a 36" flat screen and we moved up to a 40" -- and we don't want to go bigger than that.  The 36" flat screen will take up less room in our trailer, but will also have a larger viewing area.  This means we will be able to fit many more bags of chips in back of it!

Our last  set was purchased using reward points too.  It's what we use them for.  Since we don't carry a balance on our card, it sort of cancels out the annual fee.  I think one year we bought a snow blower with points.  I used the points that year to purchase a couple of Home Depot gift cards, then I purchased the snow blower through an employee discount program that also earned me points, which I used to buy something else we needed.  This year, we used the points towards a set of Walmart gift cards.  We actually have $100 left over.

Unlike many households, we only own one set.  Ours is smaller than than those I spy through windows when I walk the dog.  The focal point of the living room should not be the TV anyway!

2 comments:

  1. I have a 32" and am perfectly happy with it. I see people at WM buying a 50" tv and I am quite sure they do not have larger rooms than I do.

    It's good you can hide more chips! Oh, I love Dr. Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I ever want to go larger than the 40" -- and was just fine with 36". It's getting harder to find the smaller sizes. Going to big makes no sense when your room is small anyway.

      Delete