Saturday, April 14, 2018

It Looks LIke Dinner, but it was Lunch!

This was our Friday lunch.  I know, it looks a lot like a dinner -- and that is because it was made from left-overs!  The pizza from Wednesday only used 2/3 of the dough I made.  I knew that with the extra time I have on my day off, that I could use it for lunch.  The soup was leftover from my big batch early in the week.

This is what I love about my new part-time life.  On my day off, I made my huge batch of iced tea, did some chores, had a great long walk with Teddy and made an awesome lunch that we were able to enjoy together.  If I had thought to throw in a salad (which we have in the fridge), it would have been a home-prepared version of Olive Garden's Soup and Salad lunch -- but with better bread, less sodium/calories, and a whole heck of a lot cheaper!  My soup was also probably healthier because it had barley in it, and the dough was partially whole wheat.  A girl friend and I did this type of lunch at the OG last month and with beverage, tax and tip, it was about $30!

There are some days during the week when I get home and TBG is here for his lunch -- but it doesn't happen often.  I am always happiest when I come home to the pleasant surprise that he is here.  That is another reason that my new PT status has drastically improved the quality of my life. 

Lunch may seem like a little thing, but to me it's a big deal!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like something to get one’s teeth into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have a hearty enough lunch so you can make it through to dinner without snacking too!

      Delete
  2. It is a good thing that he is a nice surprise instead of a pain like some guys. Lunch looks frugal and hearty and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm married to the mildest mannered, good-natured guy, who with thankfully appreciate anything I cook!

      Delete
  3. You can't beat a good leftovers meal, can you? The flavour has developed and it is seasoned by the knowledge that you're making the best of what you have and wasting very little.
    J x

    ReplyDelete