Friday, April 20, 2018

Earrings


I can't leave the house without earrings.  That's just the way I am.  As a result, I like to have a go-to pair in both silver and gold.  That's because once I have a pair of earrings on, I generally want to then add a necklace -- and I don't generally like to mix gold and silver.  I'm strange like that.

My favorite pair of silver go-to earrings broke.  They were a nice lever-back pair that had a cubic zirconia center stone surrounded by a halo.  I got them on-line for $20 bucks and I wore them a lot.  Eventually something happened the a small clicky part that held the wire closed.

Since I am cheap and can only wear actual sterling or real gold, I needed to find a comparable bargain.  It took a few days of searching one of my favorite on-line/TV resources (JTV.com),  but I found a pair.  The hosts on Friday night are always featuring "Bella Luce" with $2.99 shipping.  I had checked a few days before and could find nothing under $30, with $6.99 shipping.

The pair I ordered arrived Thursday.  They are a simple square stone, each about one carat equivalent.  I gave the one good earring in the set to my bestie for her extra piercing.  She gets all my errant singles.  The other earring will live on as a pendant -- I clipped off the ear wire and strung a chain through the mounting.   I just need to buy a clasp.  I actually have a Moissanite pendant like that, but would never wear that to camp --  but this I would!

I was happy to find an affordable replacement in the comfortable level-back style I like so much.  It would have been awesome to find them cheaper, but the price was still good.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found a nice replacement and how handy to have someone to take the singles left over ~ love that! I'm the same way about silver and gold, it's one or the other for me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sometime get away with brass, but any other cheap metals and my ears start to itch and burn. So I am always looking for good sterling silver deals!

      Delete