Friday, July 6, 2018

Garden Inspiration

Does your city or town have an annual Garden Walk?  Buffalo's is, I think, the largest free event in the country.  People visit from all over the US and beyond.  I don't go every year, but will be walking around this year since it won't be a camp weekend.  The entire tour is too big to do in the two days the event spans.  There are just too many gardens and there is too much to see.  Each time I go, it's with the same friend.  We get a map in advance and then work on our itinerary.  You can't be too ambitious because it's often very hot! This walk takes place the last week of July.
I took the picture, above the year we moved into Chez Petite. It was a great idea that I know I wanted to work off of.  Being a lousy gardener, I didn't think I could really pull it off as beautifully, but it was a place to start.

Here is a quick, sparse shot of my "pallet wall" taken before things grew in this year.  Since my wall is in direct sunlight for 3/4 of the day, only succulents will survive here, but I am OK with that.

This picture probably gives a better idea of my take on the inspiration wall I saw.  This image was from last year and we have a lot more growth this year.  I don't think we'll ever be on a tour because we just don't have the time for all of the maintenance.  However, it is fun to go on the various walks to see what I can take for my own space.

Do you go on garden tours?

7 comments:

  1. This is actually a garden tour I would like to do. Maybe this will be the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! The planning and execution is well done. If you see the "Art of Gardening" blog on my sidebar, take a look. That's where you'll learn the most about Buffalo's gardens and links to all thing garden-related in our region.

      Delete
  2. I like what you've done. We don't have garden walks here. We don't have official tours in our area but there are some beautiful gardens so they should have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our area, the walk has really helped bring up the values of many neighborhoods that needed the boost. Well, at least you can walk around yourself and see nice gardens even without a tour!

      Delete
  3. We have lots of open garden days here in Scotland and sometimes you can have tea and cake for a donation to charity. Your garden wall is amazing and it reflects the work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I would love to visit your country some day to see the gardens and beautiful landscapes and countrysides.

      Delete
  4. I've heard tell of this Garden Walk Buffalo. Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete