Thursday, July 26, 2018

To Tell the Tooth

We have been using a Cybersonic ultrasonic electric rechargeable toothbrush for years and years.  The first one was close to a hundred bucks.  We stopped being able to use it because it didn't hold a charge and the top wore down enough that the brush heads wouldn't stay on.  I found the replacement at Tuesday Morning for $39.

The worst part about these gadgets is the price of the brush heads.  When we first purchased, the deal was (and still is) that the brush heads are free.  They are automatically delivered every three months.  At first, the shipping and handling was $3.99, then it went up incrementally.  We cancelled that when it hit $9.99 as we had some surplus to use up.

Now we are back to brushing the old-fashioned way -- by hand.  That is what I was doing in the morning anyway.  Since we both brush and floss religiously, I don't think our teeth will fall out of our head.

I know you can buy Phillips Sonicare units on sale or with coupons, but I still don't want to have to track down a coupon and a sale.  Then you have to look for the brush heads on sale and stock-pile them.  I'm just not that ambitious.  I can get toothbrushes in a three pack for a buck at Dollar Tree.  That's where I get my little plastic flossers.  The only thing I need to be sure of, is to make sure the design of our brushes are different enough so I can tell them apart.  Being color-blind, I need a surefire way to know which one is mine!

4 comments:

  1. I also use ordinary toothbrushes but for sensitive teeth. My dentist admits she does the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure they must be fine, otherwise, the wouldn't give you one at your exam!

      Delete
  2. My dentist recommended GUM brand, soft. I was actually brushing teeth away and was in danger of having them break off. I have an old WaterPik, but I cannot sit it on the sink and have no counter. So, I floss and brush a lot and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kind of in the same boat as both Hub's and my electrics are having trouble holding a charge. I like the feel after and electric brush but I am sure a hand brush is fine if done correctly. Just another expense. Blah!

    ReplyDelete