Sunday, July 15, 2018

Shiny Succlents

It started out with some clear glass floral beads from Dollar Tree in the Aloe Vera pot.  They were left-over from a craft project gone-wrong and I thought they might add some twinkle to this otherwise dry planting.

There are two boxes I grouped with the aloe that also looked dry.  These succulent boxes were created when I took plants out of the baskets on the "pallet" wall before last winter.  They lived in the house during the winter.  Each got one of the new succulents from the farmer's market.  I also added some stone crop from the patio.  Once I decided to sparkle them up with green and blue glass "rocks" and marbles from the DT, I ended up mixing up all the clear pieces as well.

I do hope the sparkle will show at night.  It is also nice during the day.  The newer plants and shiny bits set me back a total of seven bucks.  The planters were purchased at an end of the season clearance last year.  

We don't have a fancy garden by any means, but I try to create little corners or pockets with unusual things.  There are other things popping up around the yard that I'll show more of during the week.  I'm trying not to spend to much on the patio, but it does need some help. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. On Freecycle people offer plants they are pulling up. Sometimes, you have to do your own digging. You can ask for plants, too. I like to buy marked down containers or find them on the road. It all looks nice with the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip Linda! I had gotten out of the Freecycle habit and think it's time I got back to it.

      Delete
  2. Very attractive. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was first doing it, I wasn't so sure, but later in the day when I stepped away, I saw that I got the right effect. I hope you do use it!

      Delete
  3. It looks great! I want to get an aloe vera plant - so useful to have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use the aloe in anything major too often, but when I do, I am glad we have it. My favorite thing is to exfoliate with old coffee grinds, rinse, rub lemon on my skin, rinse again, then rub in aloe. I do this on my arms whenever I have used lemon. I'd gotten out of the habit lately but now I'm gonna try to get back to doing it daily.

      Delete