Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Idea of Popularity

I am such a city girl.  The corniest things excite me when it comes to the country.  This is my best goat friend, whom I call Buddy.  He lives in a pen at Burnap's Farm on Lake Rd and Maple Ave.  Burnaps is a produce stand (and farm) that has a cafe.  We ate there on Friday night with friends.  I made sure we got there 15 minutes early so I could spend some time with Buddy.  I pick the clover flowers and feed them to him.  Of course, since he'll eat anything, I will just pick up straw or grass and give him that too.  I could buy a small handful of food they sell in a bubble gum dispenser, but I prefer to give him flowers to eat.

Buddy walks right up to the fence whenever I show up and he stands on his hind legs and puts his hoofs on it when I leave.  He might have other silly women friends, but I like to think I am special.  If we are driving by the farm, I make TBG pull over so I can hop out of the car to give him a quick snack and say hello -- and scratch him between his horns.

There is a farm further down Lake Road that sells baby donkeys -- which I would really like to have. I'd have to get  a pair since they are pack animals and get lonely if they are by themselves.  My dream will only become a reality if we win the lottery and can buy a house in the country.  For now, I am content to visit Buddy when I can and get my quota of livestock attention without carrying any real responsibility.  

Hey, it's cheap therapy.  You can't be unhappy when you have a best goat friend -- and it's free!

8 comments:

  1. Awwww... I have a horse friend named Jack. He lives at the end of one of our bike trails - it's one fairly close to town so we generally only frequent it during the winter when we go for shorter rides. Jack has eaten every shred of grass that he can reach through his fence, so whenever we ride that way I always stop and pull a few handfuls of tall grass from the other side of the road for him. He always comes running when he sees me coming. I like to think he loves me, but I think it's really the grass. Especially since he never wants pets, just munchies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. He has other good looking friends, but he is the one for me!

      Delete
  3. He's a beaut! I'd love a pet goat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told I am not allowed to kiss him, or try to sneak him home. Sad!

      Delete
  4. As much as I talk about downsizing and enjoying small home living, the idea of a farm with a couple of goats or donkeys sounds very appealing to me!! In fact, I was online browsing farms for sale just last week. lol I'd really like more space (land) and less people around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is now one of my lottery dreams! Of course, I don't waste money on tickets, but every so often TBG does....

      Delete